Introducing the Washington Concert Society
The Washington concert Society (WCS) is a nonprofit organization and is organized exclusively for charitable, community services and educational purposes. The purpose of the establishment and operation of the Washington Concert Society are as follows:
- To contribute to the improvement of the Washington Metro Area’s music culture by planning concerts of exceptional level targeted towards the region.
- To expand the base knowledge of music in the Washington Metro region by offering the general public opportunities to learn the theory and practice of music.
- To provide opportunities for musicians to share their talents with the Washington Metro Area community.
The Washington Concert Society (WCS) was established in 2015 to produce performances of high quality and to share the talents of each performer with the surrounding community. WCS has been producing regular concert series since September 2016, including 'Three Tenors”, “Open Concert”, “The Beauty of the Korean Art Songs”, “Family Concert”, “Korea-US Music Festival”, “The Lyricism of the Korean Art Songs”, “One Korea, One World”.
WCS is one of the music organizations regularly invited to events held by the embassy of the Republic of Korea and Korean American Association of Greater Washington Metro Area.
Currently, WCS is producing “The Three Tenors & The Classics” as the opening concert of the 2018-2019 season concert series.
Other events to be hosted by the WCS:
- Master classes, Vocal classes, Music Elective Classes, Music lectures, etc.
- Vocal/Instrumental Competition open to youth and the general public held once a year.